Saturday 10 March 2012

Irises

                                        Irises , 1889 by Vincent Van Gogh

 I have been reading about Vincent Van Gogh, I loved this piece of art! Its known that he drew this while he was in an asylum just before his death, he named this painting as the lightning conductor of his illness. He believed that he could keep himself from going insane by continuing to paint and being closer to his art.

I have been trying my hands with pastel colours and stretching my arms to the  canvas. My experience reveals that its of immense pleasure to draw, to put your hands into colours, to feel the fragrance of a new shade, and to try and differentiate it from the rest. It's a matter of profound joy for oneself to give shape to the flowing thoughts, to carve though the blank sheets while racing around with one's own thoughts and keeping pace  with one's own imagination.   Interestingly, I feel it has been a mirror to myself, it helps to some what make a sense of the absurdness I juggle with, the obscure the ambiguous, which keeps changing , shifting, drifting like a pendulum from known to unknown, from dark to lighter shades of different volumes inside me.

As I explore deeper, art has helped me to open up the doors of the unseen - unsaid secrets of my mind, my thoughts, my wishes. it has helped me somewhat understand my relation with the rest of the world,and last not the least it has been of vital support to help me calm down.

When ever I come across some art work, its interesting to observe the way the colors are embarked, it narrates the story of how a thought would have probably traveled, the different strokes lay down on the specimen dig deeper into the emotions and the varied way a though can travel.

more over I love paintings as its a backward journey you see something and with the theorems of colours , lines and shades you travel back to what is it all about , what is the engrossed thought that arose into and how it has traveled.

So, for now am hooked up with Vincent, his life and art. Every work of his has great de it has a great deal of eshness and beautifully captured in paintings of landscape as well as portraits. for now I would call it a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment